Donation Liaison provides service to both the Donor and Nonprofit. Facilitating transparent donations of physical goods.
How it works
- Contact Donation Liaison about the nonprofit organization you want to support with your vehicle donation.
- Donation Liaison contacts organization about the donation and verifies 501c3 status.
- Helps fill out all the appropriate paper work and pick up of vehicle. Will tow at no expense.
- Process transfer of ownership and release of liability with the DMV.
- Repair if needed, within reasonable costs.
- Liquidate donated vehicle for its maximum value in the shortest time possible.
- Nonprofit and donor informed of sale price and costs.
- Payment for 50% of net profit sent to nonprofit within 2 weeks of liquidation.
4. tax deduction
- All institutions listed within this site are classified with the IRS as non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, and all donations to these non-profit organizations are tax deductible.
- Under the IRS tax law change effective on January 1, 2005, your contribution deduction will be equal to the fair market value of the donated vehicle. That value is determined by the sales price of the vehicle. However, if that amount is less than $500, you can deduct the $500 so long as this is not greater than the fair market value of the car.
- You can use the Kelly Blue Book web site to determine the market value of your vehicle.
- After vehicle is sold, you tax forms arrive by mail.
- All individual tax situations are different, so please check with your tax professional to determine how you may benefit.